On the campaign trail, State Representative Troy Kelley claims to be a successful and upstanding businessman, a former Fortune 500 President, and claims the endorsement of current State Auditor Brian Sonntag for state auditor.
Unfortunately, the truth behind his political facade is quite different.
As soon as State Representative Troy Kelley entered the race for state auditor, the Watkins for Auditor team started getting bizarre tips and allegations about Troy - misappropriation of client funds, suspicious office fires, and offshore bank accounts in Belize. The tips increased after he spent a record amount of ‘his’ own money to fool voters into thinking he was endorsed by Brian Sonntag for state auditor. As a result, Watkins’ volunteer researchers uncovered a trove of lawsuits and court documents that detail an otherwise unbelievable story – a story that voters deserve to know.
But we’re not asking voters to take our word for it. Detailed case summaries, timelines, and searchable PDF’s of the original documents are posted at this website. Certified copies of case files can be obtained from the original courts of jurisdiction. Voters can read the summaries and original documents and decide for themselves.
Documented in multiple lawsuits, court filings, sworn statements from witnesses, and his sworn depositions are accusations from his former employer, his clients, and his insurance company with details of:
- misappropriation of $3.8 million from mortgage borrowers;
- tax evasion spanning a period of years;
- repeatedly obstructing discovery, refusing to turn over evidence, and legal stratagems which drew at least one formal sanction by the Court for a pattern of abuse;
- video surveillance and photographs of Troy committing a burglary and theft;
- money laundering through shell companies in Washington, Las Vegas, and the notorious offshore tax haven of Belize; and
- an unsuccessful attempt to hide the public record from voters.
After months of research and study, we believe State Representative Kelley is fundamentally unfit to serve in ANY position of public trust, much less as Washington’s State Auditor. But decide for yourself – despite his best efforts to hide the official record from the public, the truth about Troy Kelley is finally available from a single source, with original documents.
This site is hosted by Friends of James Watkins, but researched and written by a team of volunteers. The truth is important. Click here to contribute to James’ campaign to help get out the truth about Troy Kelley.
Paid for by
Friends of James Watkins (GOP)
PO Box 2213
Kirkland, WA 98083